Seafoam

Home Forums The Garage Seafoam

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fanboy
    Participant

Pretty much everyone thinks it works (when poured into air intake).

Do we have an opinion here? I’m particularly worried about what it does to intake components that weren’t designed to meet a strong solvent?

I know it’s pale oil and naphtha dissolved in isopropyl alcohol. http://www.sueschauls.com/Seafoam_motor_treatment.pdf (Had to find this old MSDS. Their new MSDS doesn’t list the ingredients.)

After running with a bad ignition coil, my spark plugs look pretty bad, and I’m thinking the insides of the cylinders look bad too… but I’m generally extremely wary of snake oil type stuff.

Steve
      Participant

Hi, I have always been a believer of a good old fashioned Italian tune up, allow me to explain, drive the car up to temperature and once it’s there drive the engine hard up to the redline before changing up, if you feel uncomfortable doing this then a good long drive on the highway should do the trick, this should clear most of the carbon deposits just remember that having some deposits on the top of the cylinder is normal.

I have never used aeafoam I’m unsure if it’s available in my country you can use this stuff in your fuel tank and allow it to burn through the system normally. What I would be put off doing is pouring it into the intake as if to much is drawn into on of the cylinder’s it can hydro lock the engine and this can cause major damage.

I wish you well.
        Steve.

Techron in the tank has worked very well over the years in all of my cars…

fanboy
        Participant

The thing about seafoam in the tank is gasoline is already a very strong solvent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.