Pontiac G6 Chugging at speed

Home Forums The Garage Pontiac G6 Chugging at speed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tdawalker
    Participant

So I lost a motor on my 2009 G6 after 349K and swapped out with a used motor. Everything went great and car started right up. Took a second for idle position to work out but idles smooth. Went through TPS routine “three minutes three minutes” checked response with scan all OK. So I am driving at speed when Car begins to chug. Checked and my long term is 3 on 1 bank and 11 on the other. short term is erratic waveforms. So it threw a MAP sensor and a Traction. I figure the traction is from the chug. The new engine came with a map so I used it. So I put the one from my original motor in. Really no change. The car runs fine 89% of the time but still the occasional chug. Do I need to reset all my long term data? I did go from one engine to another. I also have this mismatch on long term fuel banks. I am wondering if my pcm is confused. Any thoughts would be helpful. 3.5 v 6

tdawalker
      Participant

So I finally got a scanner that has real time data. My Map Sensor would go crazy when the chugging started. Cleaned the connection with contact cleaner and all is well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.