P0300-P0304 on a 2002 Camry (4 cylinder)

Home Forums The Garage P0300-P0304 on a 2002 Camry (4 cylinder)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    7HabitsPractioner
    Participant

Hi guys,

Need help on a 2002 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder. I started on replacing the bushings on the control arm because I kept on hearing noises whenever I went over bumpy road. I had to jack up the transmission fluid pan in order to take away the transmission mount and the center engine mount so I can get access to the bolts that fasten the control arm to the cradle; however, in the process of reinstalling it I pulled on the driver side axle too hard so I suspected I pulled the axle off the differential side gear because at that moment I saw fluid coming out of the boot covering the inner end of the drive axles (driver side). I ignored it and went through complete installation. I was able to turn over the engine but it die shortly. I added some gas on the 2nd attempt and it didn’t die on me but I heard unusual turning noise so decided to fix the error so today I removed the driver side axle from the steering knuckle and hammered the drive axle into the differential side gear with a mallet. But after I got the engine to crank and turn over, I got the trouble codes p0300- p0304 plus I can feel the engine is running quite rough. Can what I did recently caused misfire codes? I am using the AutoLink AL319 by Autel which was recommended by my Auto 101 instructor. Any assistance is truly appreciated. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info to fix it. Thanks guys!

James Chau

Importech
      Participant

Sounds like you might have fouled a plug when it ran out of gas. Fault code 300 refers to a misfire, 304 indicates cylinder 4.

7HabitsPractioner
        Participant

Thanks for the reply, spark plugs are brand new and made by Denso (one of Toyota’s OEM brand). I didn’t run out of gas. I found out it was that I popped one of the air intake connector while jacking up the motor mounts. So now the code is gone. Thanks!

James Chau

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.