LIMP mode after idle

Home Forums The Garage LIMP mode after idle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ajlalhaider13
    Participant

This is my very first post so please bear with me.
      I have this issue with my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL V6 (204000 KMs) where if I idle for about 10-20 minutes the car’s RPM will rise for a very short moment and come back to normal. However, if I try to drive away after that the car goes in LIMP mode. The error codes that I get are P2106, P2110, P0638. It doesn’t happens when I keep driving. I could drive for literally hours without issues, however, the whenever I idle for more than 10 minutes this will happen.
      These error codes do go away on their own without me clearing them after some time. But the next time I idle they’re back. I am not sure where to start so please help.

ajlalhaider13
      Participant

Seriously no posts after 3+ days 🙁

TJScanlon
        Participant

Hello

I am novice as well. I received some good help here but the boards are not super active.

You can also try Scannerdanner.com and the forum’s there. They are a little more active.

Apex
          Participant

These codes are related to the electronic throttle body. You could review the 2010 Sebring video on the free channel or the “Inside the box” episode on the same car in the paid video section to get an idea of the direction you should go in terms of determining which part has failed or otherwise is causing an issue. It could be the throttle body, or one of the various position sensors related to the electronic throttle system, or an issue with the wiring or connector(s) as opposed to the sensors themselves, but no one can tell you where your issue lies with codes alone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.