Labscope Relative Compression Question

Vlog Home Forums The Tool Chest Labscope Relative Compression Question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Woefman
    Participant

I love your videos. My Favorite is your Geeky Relative Compression Video.

I have all the tools you used.

My question is on channel 2 how did you hook up the scope to the coil? The video is not clear to me on wheather a second amp clamp was used.

Thanks So Much in Adavance.

Woefman
    Participant

update …. The scope has ability to do amps (10 amps max) using the pos+ and neg- leads

so i was wondering if you did ch2 that way or do you have 2 amp clamps

maybe i should watch video again….ive watched it twice but on a stupid small screen(phone)

Thanks

Woefman
    Participant

Hello is this thing on????

I find it funny, people post they need help with a car yet leave out important info i.e. Year Make Model and then some. And replies like crazy to those posts.

I have legit question (video camera not pick up how connected ) and I get no response.

Aquaman53
    Participant

Wolfman, he clipped the amp probe around the positive battery cable, at the battery. When placed around the battery cable, the clamp has to be completely closed. There should also be an arrow on the clamp indicating the direction of the flow of current from the battey.

Aquaman53
    Participant

Woefman, he clipped the amp probe around the positive battery cable, at the battery. When placed around the battery cable, the clamp has to be completely closed. There should also be an arrow on the clamp indicating the direction of the flow of current from the battey.

dennis524
    Participant

I think Woefman was asking about what he used to identify which plug was firing to identify the
    faulty cylinder using the firing order.
    I have the same question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join the Community

This Website is the ultimate resource for Advanced DIY Auto Repair with the specific purpose of preventing “parts changing”- that is- changing parts on a guess because of a lack of understanding on how to test if a part is actually faulty. This is accomplished by using a methodical, scientific approach to accurately confirm a diagnosis before attempting a repair. Subscribe here and you’ll stop firing the “parts cannon” by changing O2 sensors, plugs, and wires to try and fix your check engine light and instead use professional-level advanced Auto diagnostics and repair with tools and equipment available to any home mechanic.

Subscribe Now