Honda Pilot 2016 P219 b

Home Forums The Garage Honda Pilot 2016 P219 b

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bank1
    Participant

Hi everyone,
      My wife s car is starting to act up when stopped at traffic lights and attempting to restart. The only code stored is a P219b air/fuel balance issue. Considering it is a relatively new car that is mostly untouched, I would doubt it is a vacuum leak. Might be a MAF, or o2 sensor issue. Rather than venturing into rabbit holes, I would be delighted if anyone could point me to an efficient sequence of testing that would pinpoint the issue. I have access to an autoenginuity scan tool. The only thing that I noticed is a lag Or no signal on the load of the bank2 o2 sensor for some time (Few minutes) then in sync with bank 1. As always, thanks for your insights!

Bank1
      Participant

Here is what was stored:
        Both banks in closed loop
        STFT: both <-3%
        LTFT: both -12.5%
        MAP 17.1 inHg
        Speed: 37 mph rpm 2359
        MAF 7.23 lb/min

Bank1
        Participant

just recorded sensors vs rpms. I seems as both MAF and MAP are following RPMs. The interesting part is that long term fuel trim do not change, stay at -17%/lean while the short term fuel trim goes up only to 0 max, even at 5000 rpm… Never goes positive/lean… How could the engine be loaded with excess fuel at all time? I would have imagined the trim to change if it was an injector leak with high rpm consuming the excess???

Without using the “B” word, could you swap the O2 sensors to oposing banks and see if the trouble migrates and follows the sensor – cost nothing and might be a pathway to future investigation. You will need a dedicated socket to fit the O2 sensors, but these days you really have to ahve one anyway.

Bank1
          Participant

Thanks for the suggestion #1928nash, we ended up pleading the case for a leaking injector at the dealership. Judging by the reaction of the service person to the autoenginuity charts, it must be a common issue with this car. Problem confirmed by their auto tech. We received a new set of injectors for free. Online forums describe similar issue but people are offer beyond the 60k warranty threshold… It is insane that Honda does not do a recall or free replacement to all when the problem comes up. This is definitely a design/parts issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.