Digital ABS Sensors

Home Forums The Garage Digital ABS Sensors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    coffeysm
    Participant

Wondering if you had any videos on digital ABS sensors? I’ve watched a few on ScannerDanner and Ivan’s, but I seem to understand it fully when you explain things! lol.

gkellerman
      Participant

If I remember correctly Eric O. of South Main Auto had an automobile that could have had two different types installed. He first had to determine which kind he had and then look at the signal to see if it was correct for that type. So if there are different types requiring different troubleshooting methodology it might be difficult to do a one size fits all video. Not trying to speak for Matt but it’s been ten days without a response so I thought I’d jump in with my five cents worth (Inflation dontca’ know).

Woefman
        Participant

FYI if it is a 2 wire then its a reluctor and will generate its own voltage typically ac sine wave.

if its a 3 wire then its a hall effect. This would be a digital square wave (on off signal) that hertz reading would change based on speed.

The wires would consist of referance voltage (most likely 5v)
          A ground, and a signal wire. The signal wire is the one to test the hertz on.

Woefman
          Participant

Also my explanations above translate back and forth to various cars and styles of sensors.

Example : My favorite line is, ” I could walk into most auto shops and ask techs to explain to me how to test a TPS sensor…..most could do it. But if I hand them a MAP sensor they are scared to be creative and put a vacuume hand pump on it and do the same TPS test”.

In other words a 3 wire sensor is a 3 wire sensor.

Woefman
            Participant

p.s. Did not mean to hijack post, I could enjoy a video on this as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.