Diagnostic software

Home Forums The Litter Box Diagnostic software

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BaughmanUSMC
    Participant

Excuse my ignorance as I’m still teaching myself about automobile maintenance. What would be good diagnostic software to get so I could have a hands on tools to start learning the different modes and programs such as fuel trims etc? Is there anything I could hook up to a laptop and run through odb2? Thank you I’m advance

Matt
      Keymaster

I really like the Launch CRP Touch Pro but for a beginner really any LIVE DATA streaming tool will work as a start

BaughmanUSMC
        Participant

Thank you for the response. I stumbled acrossed your youtube video explaining the difference between autotap vs autoenguity. I found an autotap set on ebay and decided to give that a whirl. you have taught me quite a bit and I thank you so much. keep it up!

Texasbedm783
          Participant

I had the same question! Thanks for putting this site together. I found your video on fuel trims and it was like a whole new world began to open up. My ‘basic scanner’ will show live data and is great to peek inside the PCM but it is not bi-directional.

Thanks again Matt. I like your style and approach to repairs.

sticky667
            Participant

Uprev has a very good suite to monitor Nissan/Infinity ECU’s. Allows data logging for a bunch of channels.

The ROM editor download includes the free diagnostic suite.

Automechaniker
              Participant

Hi Matt,whats your opinion on PICO-scope software?Thank you!

aoerick
                Participant

Is Launch CRP Touch PRO a BI directional tool?

Bigfoote13
                  Participant

Yes it is. Looks like there isn’t much monitoring to these forums!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.