Crank no start – fuel and weak spark

Home Forums The Garage Crank no start – fuel and weak spark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dumpy
    Participant

Hi, I have a problem with my Ford Fiesta 1999. The car was running fine, cut out after Revving high. Car hasn’t started since.

I am positive the fuel is good, the shredda valve gushed, and Petrol in chambers. Also can feel the pulse in injectors when cranking.

I have tested the spark and it’s weak but getting 12v at coil feed. Fairly confident that the coil, leads and plugs are good. However plugs are caked in oil, cleaned and put back until I find the issue.

I have tested at the crank and cam shaft sensors, I cannot get any voltage from these? Any thing I should do specifically to prove the connector? Do I need to continuity test to the PCM? I have a wiring diagram but don’t fancy stripping it down to find it’s the timing. The timing belt doesn’t feel the tightest, so I am assuming this has slipped causing the no start.

I have approximately 125psi on all cylinders this is within spec, the compression does take a while to fill up.

I have tested the fuses and relays, after no voltage to cam and crank sensors but all are good, and was coming to last resorts all relays spear to click and have swapped a couple to see if anything changes, but all are good!

Any help off the top off your head for me to definitely prove the timing? These blocks have no marks and again want to prove it before making decision on what to do. it’s an engine out job to replace a timing belt and pulley so want to rule it all off before swapping the lump.

Thanks

Dumpy

simonlap
      Participant

Go with FASTTEC and post back results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.