Citroen Xsara Picasso 04 – Crank, no start

Home Forums The Garage Citroen Xsara Picasso 04 – Crank, no start

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    victorimba
    Participant

Greetings!

Im having trouble with my petrol Xsara Picasso -04 that cranks but doesnt start. Im getting the following DTCs:

*P0350 Ignition Coil Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction (Ignition coil was recently changed by the previous owner)
      *P0200 Injector Circuit Malfunction
      *An EVAP code (I think the engine should start either way).

Right now im working without any wiring diagram and by the best of my general knowledge and im finding about 2V at the connectors to the injectors (2-pin) and 0V at the connector to the ignition coil (3-pin). My best guess is that i should find 5 or 12V at the injectors and 12V at the ignition coil (key on, engine off). By this I’ve established that there is a ground at the connectors, but no power. I’ve also checked this while cranking.

So, I’ve checked for continuity between these connectors and the connector to the ECU and found out that there is continuity at the supposed power and signal wires of the ignition coil. Theres about 0.2 ohms of resistance in both wires. My conclusion from this is that theres now power leaving the ECU to the ignition coil. (Its difficult to do any back-probing at the ECU or voltage drop testing due to how the connectors at the ECU are designed).

I cant find continuity between the connectors to the injectors and the ECU so I have no idea where these get their power from or where they are grounded.

By this im being drawn into thinking its an issue with the ECU, but its a wild guess at this point. Does anyone have any valuable input to this? I’ve checked all fuses that I can find.

1928nash
      Participant

I must start out by saying that I’ve never seen a Citreon of your type; so anything I say is guesswork. Even though you don’t show a code for the Crank Shaft Posistion Sensor, are you getting a signal from it to the ECU ??? More to that if you are getting a pulse signal, is it getting to the ECU.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.