2006 Honda Accord 4 cylinder won’t shift out of park

Home Forums The Garage 2006 Honda Accord 4 cylinder won’t shift out of park

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Whathappen70
    Participant

I have a 2006 Honda Accord that won’t shift out of park. I removed center console to get to shift interlock solenoid. I have 12 volts up to solenoid but it’s not getting ground. When I use my power probe to give the solenoid power and ground it works. Also my brake lights do work so I assume the brake light switch is good. I believe the ground is provided by the pcm when the brakes are applied. I also believe the throttle position has something to do with the solenoid as well. I don’t have a scan tool though. Any ideas or anyone had this issue?

papers
      Participant

I am not familiar with your particular car and do not have access to a diagram at work but 2 thoughts do come to mind:

1. Some switches have 2 stages. when lightly pressed they will activate the brake lights (say under light braking) but then when pressed further they have a secondary contact point that grounds the solenoid.

2. Some vehicles have separate switches for the 2 functions.

Both force the driver to provide sufficient brake force when placing the vehicle into a drive gear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.