2003 Deville

Home Forums The Garage 2003 Deville

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BadCad2
    Participant

I took my car to the dealer and they pulled a P1415 secondary air injection valve 1 BK 1. Testing showed it was working at this time.

Dealer says I needed to replace the secondary air injection pump with an updated pump.

When I used the scanner at home I got PO300 random misfire and PO410 secondary air injection pump malfunction codes. This was a cold start running test.

I also checked the on-board diagnosis it shows an IPM B0429 code and PO410 as current and a PO300 code as history. Tested with the key turned on but engine not running.

I’m just trying to get the car to pass emissions but, as long as the check engine light is on I cannot get it to pass.
      Is the secondary air injection the only code that would turn the check engine light on?

Matt
      Keymaster

I would definitely start with the secondary air pump code first- and the first check would directly testing the pump itself for operation. seems everyone jumps to replacing the pump but Pretty much half the time I find the pump works fine and the valves or solenoids failed.
        get the AIR working first and then see if you still have the misfire codes.

Matt
        Keymaster

I would definitely start with the secondary air pump code first- and the first check would directly testing the pump itself for operation. seems everyone jumps to replacing the pump but Pretty much half the time I find the pump works fine and the valves or solenoids failed.
          get the AIR working first and then see if you still have the misfire codes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.